Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Last week of Holidays

Fun with toys
Okay, I admit it. I'm a geek. I love playing with any new widget, program, game, tech thingy, or gadget that comes around. I've used "My Yahoo" as my homepage on my computer for a few years now. Just recently, I've gotten into the iGoogle page, and I just love it--so far.
With a little surfing, I found another toy that helped with the above graphic. For some of the work that I like to do, I did not have a decent screen capture utility. I found a good one--and it's freeware at that. It was the first program that I found using the freeware widget on iGoogle, called Softoria. I love graphic programs, and I have many that I use for different purposes. None of my graphic programs had a decent screen cap utility, and if they did they were bulky and generally a pain to use. I also like the google notebook utility. It can be loaded into Firefox as an add on and therefore staying active whenever you need it. Note book attaches itself to the iGoogle home page if you have it loaded into Firefox. Google Docs and Spreadsheets is another handy utility. I'm finding now that I don't load Works, or Word Perfect to write any documents anymore. And it even publishes to blogger with just a click. Unless I'm drawing or doing other graphic work, I'm finding now that the only program I have open is Firefox. Well except for Diablo II, I have to play my game now and then.

_____________
Cheering Squad Update

Almost had to put out an amber alert on Gale Martin. Her blog has been idle since last Sunday, but she just posted twice today on her blog.
That made the cheering squad President just a little white knuckled. Logging up six more pages to the tally Gem. And I believe, another Gem Rocks!
_____________
Just some interesting facts
  • If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee. (Hardly seems worth it when Tim Horton's is just down the street.)
  • The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet. (O.M.G.! Could you imagine if the prostate could pump like that!)
  • A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes. (In my next life, I want to be a pig.)
  • A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death. (Creepy, but I'm still not over the pig.)
  • Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour. (Do not try this at home.......maybe at work.)
  • The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off. ("Honey, I'm home. What the....?!")
  • The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field. (30 minutes...can you imagine??)
  • The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds. (What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?)
  • Some lions mate over 50 times a day. (I still want to be a pig in my next life...quality over quantity.)
  • Butterflies taste with their feet. (Something I always wanted to know.)
  • The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue. (Hmmmmmm........Lola did you know....)
  • Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do. (If you're ambidextrous, do you split the difference?)
  • Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump. (OK....... so that would be a good thing....)
  • A cat's urine glows under a black light. (I wonder who was paid to figure that out? That would sure screw up some CSI episodes)
  • An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain. (I work with know some people like that.)
  • Starfish have no brains. (I work with know some people like that too.)
  • Polar bears are left-handed. (If they switch, they'll live a lot longer.)
  • Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure. (Oh yeah! What about that pig??)
________
And my Google Gold Picture of the Week

Mannequin Implants??

Now it looks as though even mannequins are getting fake ones.
If two negatives make a positive, then it follows that fake......um....never mind.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frank, thanks for keeping the faith. Getting stuff done for my job comes first, then my book, then my new class, then visiting the sites of my unofficial cheering squad, then posting on my blog. You're a peach!!!

Bobby Griffin said...

Hi again Frank,

Just thought I'd stop by and update you on the voting for bestest blog of the year. We've had over 8000 votes cast by over 100 different voters in just under a week. A contest update can be found at the new and improved brand new home of Bestest Blog!!, original details can be found here. With a week to go still, that $50 prize, title, and bragging rights is still up for grabs. Also, be sure to get in the running to be blog of the day again this year by joining the Blankest Blank Blog Directory. Thanks for reading and please stop by and leave a comment at the new Bestest Blog some time!

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Hey Frank-
Unusual AND interesting facts. That lucky pig...

Lizza said...

Now I gotta go look at iGoogle.

And go, go, Gem! *waves pompoms*

Anonymous said...

Hi again Frank,

Just wanted to remind you that today is the last day of voting for Bestest Blog of the Year, and there are definitely still quite a few blogs within striking distance for the fame and glory (and $50 cash prize!).

EXCLUSIVE results will be featured on my new (and improved!) blog, BestestBlog.com, 8AM EST on Tuesday morning. Voting for new "Best Blog of the Days" has already begun and the first winner (based entirely on your votes) will be picked Wednesday (and every) morning at 8AM (again at Bestest Blog). Get in the running by joining the Blankest Blank Blog Directory...over 100 have already, and we haven't even handed out any awards yet!!

We'll also be having daily results (again based on your nominations and votes) for Funniest Video, Funniest Picture, Funniest Joke, and Most Fun Game every day at 10AM, 12PM, 2PM, and 4PM respectively.

I hope you'll stop by and leave a comment some time, we've got lots of exciting stuff on the horizon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...