Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

A giggle, or two.

Tugging at my heartstrings

As I walked down the busy footpath, knowing I was late for an important meeting, my eye fell upon one of those unfortunate, homeless vagabonds that are found in every city these days.

Wearing what can only be describes as rags, carrying every worldly possession in two plastic bags, my heart was touched by this persons condition.

Some people turned to stare. Others quickly looked away as if the sight would somehow contaminate them.

Recalling some long ago Sunday School admonition to "care for the sick, feed the hungry and clothe the naked," I was moved by some powerful inner urge to reach out to this unfortunate person.

Yes,
where some people saw only rags,
I saw a hidden beauty.
A small voice inside my head called out,
"Reach out,

reach out!"





So I did..........






I won't be at work this week.

From now on charity stays at home.
________

Going to visit my Nonna

I pick uppa da phone cuz I a wanna go visit my Beautiful Nonna, butta my Nonna she'sa moved into a new building. Dhat'sa why I phone cuz I donna have her newa address. "Ciao Nonna," I say a whenna she pick upa da phone. She tella me why I notta phone her sooner. I say, "You justa moved into you newa building, you phone wassa notta connected untilla now." But she tella me dhat'sa no excuse.
I tella my Nonna dhat I'ma going to comma for a visit, ona da phone I say, "Nonna, I'ma gonna comma over to visit, but I donna havea you address." My Nonna tella me dhats'a nice to comma visit, and a to grabba me a pen to write a down somma directions. I grabba me a pen cuz I always a do asa my Nonna tella me. Onna da note pad, I writta down what she tella me:

Da address isa 471 57St Northa west. Da buildings name isa Da Cloverdale.
Go uppa to the fronta door, ana witha you elbow pressa #301.
When I buzza you in, push open da door witha you elbow ita sticks lottsa
Go to da elevator ana pressa da uppa button witha you elbow.
When a da door opens, go inna da elevator ana pressa da 3 witha you elbow.
Whenna da elevator stopsa, comma out ana turn a left.
Go to number 301 ana pressa the button witha you elbow
Ana I open da door forra you.

I tella my Nonna dhat'sa easy, but onna da phone I say, "Nonna, dhat'sa easy, butta why do I hava to press all a da buttons witha my elbow?"
My Nonna, she tella me ona da phone, "What? You comma to see you Nonna empty handed?"

-------------


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...