Pages

Thursday, January 01, 2009

The "Cocky" Swan


The Swan

The many years that I spent working in and around bars, I have always had lots of fun and heard many a yarn or two. Most of the time I would listen, add my two cents, or throw in a zinger to either get the subject changed, stop an argument, or just to have my own fun (at the patrons expense, of course).
A few years ago, I had the pleasure of having two attractive young ladies sitting at my bar and both women were getting happy and a little daring in their conversation. They were both in their early twenties, and proud of being young and "trendy". They started talking about their secret hidden tattoos and piercings, and the advantage that these items bring to the boudoir. The ladies knew that I was paying attention to I was ignoring their conversation, and I think that they were purposely trying to get a reaction out of me. We'll call these ladies B and the other R.

B: And I just got a new ball for my tongue ring, my BF says that it has doubled his pleasure.
R: My BF got a new spikey ball for his, and I'll say it has really doubled my pleasure that's for sure.
B: Last year I got a little 'one-way' arrow tattooed just below my navel pointing -- I think you know where. At least my BF doesn't need a map anymore.
Frank: (giggle)
R: At least you didn't have to get one on your lower back saying "No Entry"
Frank (giggling, again): I just got a new swan tatoo.
B: Do we need to guess where?
R (to B): Bartender thinks he's a long neck -- If you know what I mean.
Frank (to R): Sometimes.
B and R (together): Sometimes?
Frank: Yeah. Sometimes it says SASKATCHEWAN.

ttfn
(AND IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK)

6 comments:

Sandee said...

Hi Frank, It's great to see a post from you and it's really great that it's a very funny one. I used to tend bar when I was in my 20s. I took a cut in pay when I switched careers. I loved tending bar.

I'm going to have to do another Story Game in honor of your reappearance. Yep, next weekend will be a good time.

Have a terrific day and a very Happy New Year. Big hug. :)

Frank Sirianni said...

Thanks Sandee,

I really miss bartending sometimes. It was always too much fun and never felt like work to me.
Thanks for dropping in Sandee!

Mimi Lenox said...

Frank! Where have you been? Good to see you back. It was delightful to see your name pop up in my reader. I hope you are going to start blogging again.

Happy New Year!

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Happy New Year, my friend. Very funny story! Tell Mimi it is time to lose the cap... ;)

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Oh. It was great to put one of my favorite blogs, Honk 'n Hollr back in my sidebar! Don't be a stranger!!!

Sandee said...

Frank, we are playing the story game over at my place and without you it just won't be the same.

Have a great day and weekend. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...