Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Declare WAR for Peace


Blogblast4Peace Reason 85:
Declare WAR! for Peace

Yes, I said it, but it’s not what you think. My WAR is an acronym where "war" is a nasty business. To avoid any confusion, my WAR will be capitalized, and the nasty business word will be in small letters and in red. So what is WAR? As I said it’s an acronym, but also a little thought experiment. I’ll explain WAR one letter at a time (which seems to be an unintended motif to my peace posts so far).

First the W, which stands for Worldwide. I don’t think Worldwide needs any explanation for either word choice or meaning as to why it was chosen.

The A in WAR stands for Amity. Why I chose Amity? Well, the synonyms tell their own story, but the definition nailed it for me. Amity: friendship or harmony between individuals or groups.

Lastly, the R, which was my hardest to nail-down choice, stands for Rapport. Why did I finally choose Rapport? Because of one of its simple one word definitions -- Understanding.

WAR equals Worldwide Amity Rapport and is meant to instill Worldwide Friendship and Understanding which is the ultimate goal of anyone who hopes for Peace.


I’m not a word-smith by any means, but if a little thought experiment can turn war -- the absolute antonym of Peace -- into an acronym that becomes the definition and ultimate goal of Peace, then I know that Mimi’s Blogblast4Peace is declaring WAR, not war, for Peace. And as Mimi says about Blogblast4Peace, “One blog post at a time.”

TTFN

2 comments:

Mimi Lenox said...

I think you are wordsmith, Frank. And I love this post. Sharing!

Frank Sirianni said...

Thanks Mimi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...