Thank you so much, Mimi.
Here are the rules for the award:
- Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.
- Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post. Tell them you’ve tagged them.
- Remember, no tag backs.
So to start this meme, I have to tell you 11 things about myself...hmm...well:
1. My dad is Italian and my mother is Irish. Yes, that is quite a combination. At times I feel like this guy
and other times
Does that make me a Gladichaun, or a Lepriator?
So, it's a short temper (Italian) tempered with a hot temper (Irish) --or is it the other way round? -- that tempered a temper which resulted in a real quirky sense of humor (Me). For food choices it's Italian all the way, just because I love spaghetti. I'll even have it as a side dish for my Shephard's Pie. Italians and the Irish both love to imbibe a little -- I mean a bit -- I mean...well, you know--MUCH, and they both have their favorite potions -- Vino, or Guiness. They're not for me. I met somewhere in the middle and found Grande Marnier (French). Maybe the French are really Irish-Italians? Ya never know, there was a lot of that pillage and diddle stuff going on back in the day.
2. I love animals. Not the slimy, creepy, gooey type. Cats, dogs, horses, deer, pandas, lions, panthers, and almost all baby animals, except for the slimy, creepy gooey type. And of course,
I love animal too.
3. I love anything techy, sciency, futuristicy beit fact or fiction. I'm a can't wait to see what they'll think of next type of guy. But where are the flying cars,
the house-keeping-do-it-all-Rosie-the-Robot-but-cuter robots, or
the transporter, or the holodeck, or the space trips we should all be able to take by now? I've been an avid reader of Popular Science for over 40 years now, and they said that stuff was coming soon??
But where, and when?
And what did we really get -- Smart Phones.
Really! Smart Phones?
I'm gonna reach out with my Stupid Phone and call those Popular Science guys for They Promsed!
4. I like spaghetti.
Oh, I said that already. I usually don't repeat myself unless I'm in bed.
5. I love going to the movies, but I really miss drive ins. They were too much fun
Steamy windows, bad speakers (especially after you drive away with one), good snacks, and who cared if it rained or not. You weren't watching it anyway.
6. Star Trek. But I think you may have gotten clued in by number 3.
(Disclaimer: I'm not a Trekkie, or a Trekker, just a fan)
7. I detest politics -- all kinds -- The government kind, the office kind, the family kind, the politically correct kind. If something happens to you and you can say that it all stems down to the politics, I won't like the what (or rather the why) it became political.
8. I don't drive. I don't have a reason why, I just never got a license.
9. I really like walking, and I walk a lot. Not because I don't drive either.
10. I don't understand why men really like Hockey, Football, Soccer, or Baseball.
If you are playing the sport, then I understand enjoying the game. These sports are fun to play, but to sit there and watch them, and to call them spectator sports. I just don't get it. A male spectator watching men on a field banging heads together. I just don't get it. And sports bars capitalize on this. I tell you, I would much rather watch women's beach volleyball any day. Now that be some good spectating.
11. I love watching big fluffy clouds and see what shapes they can make. I see shapes and faces in almost anything that has patterns or textures, but clouds are random and you never know what you will see
I can see Einstien. I can see an elephant. Oh Oh! I can see the tax collector. What do you see?
For part 2, I will anwer these questions that Mimi Lenox came up with.
1. What is the nearest book to you? Your Kindle does not count.
Uncle John's Endlessly Engrossing Bathroom Reader. I'm not sure how it ended up on my bookshelf, but it is the closest book to where I'm sitting. I think my sister-in-law snuck it in on me.
When is the last time you took a "me" vacation?
Everytime I daydream. I like daydreaming and I do it all the time.
How many telephone numbers do you have?
Just one, and it's attached to my "Stupid Phone".
If you could fix one thing in the public school system, what is the one thing you would do immediately?
Deal with bullying. I'm not sure of the best way to go about it, but it sure would be top on my list of what to fix.
Are you a big tipper?
I'm pretty steady on my feet, so I'll have to say no. Oh, you mean tipping for service, silly me. I do tip appropriately, but if someone has gone above and beyond the norm, I will not only tip well, but make sure management knows that they have a star on their team. Comment cards really do get looked at by management when filled out properly.
Do you watch any Reality shows?
Yes, Star Trek: The Original Series. It seems more tuned in to reality than Big Brother, Survivor, or that show with that Donald Trump guy. Mind you, I almost got entrapped by the Kardashians. I thought is was a new Star Trek spinnoff, but even the real Cardassians aren't as "OUT THERE" as Kim and the gang.
Who is your favorite sports team player?
Uhm, I think I explained that above, so I don't have a favorite player. And I'm too busy watching Womens Beach Volley ball to get their names.
If you could travel in a spaceship to any planet, which planet would you like to visit and why?
If that space ship could also travel in time, I would chose Earth. I'd love to go way back to answer things like how the pyramids were really made. What was Stonehenge really for?
Was the fall of Troy really due to a face that launched a thousand ships, or was Homer just a good story teller? Once I've answered all the 'Ancient Mysteries', I would then travel way into the future to see if we have our holodecks, or flying cars yet. Or have Smart Phones just got so smart that they joined Mensa and have now enslaved the human population. (I think they have kind of enslaved us already. Underhanded, sneaky little things aren't they).
When is the last time you sat in a church?
I don't go as often as I should.
Are there any aspects of blogging that annoy you?
Just the posting interface. I don't use it anymore, I much prefer ScribeFire.
When someone follows you on their blog or subscribes to your Facebook page, do you automatically follow and subscribe back?
Oh yes. If they have taken the time to read any of my silliness, I can sure take the time to read and follow what they have to say. I've got to know some really good Bloggers and fun Facebook buddies that way.
Now it's time for me to make up some questions.
1. If you were omnipitent and omniscient for just one hour, what would you do with all that power and what would you change?
2. What is your favorite memory that you would share?
3. You are sixteen again. What would you enjoy, and what would you hate about being a teenager now compared to when you were sixteen?
4. Most people say that the book is always better than the movie, but have you ever gone back to re-read a book after you have seen the movie, has the movie affected the re-read of the book in a positive or negative way?
5. Where were you in '62 and what were you doing? If you weren't born or were too young at the time, imagine what you would have liked to do?
6. Have you ever had and 'unexplained' or 'paranormal' experience? Please share.
7. If you have one, have you completed anything on your bucket list? Is there anything on it that you haven't completed, but you know that no matter what you will get it done?
8. This isn't really a question, but it is a fun little excercise. Everyone has a favorite colour, and it is a favorite because it may be attached to a meaning or memory that you might not even be aware of. Do an image search using your favorite colour as the search phrase. Many images in that colour will come up, but one image will really stand out for you almost immediately. Post that picture and tell us why it stood our for you.
9. Have you ever tried to cook your favorite dish from your favorite restaurant? Was it a success?
10. Do you have a favorite artist, and can you post or link anything from that artist? (All forms of visual and perfoming arts for this one)
11. If you have an all-time favorite blogpost (your own, or someone else's post), tell us why it's your favorite, and include a link to it so we can all read it.
I'm not going to tag anybody for this one, because it's been so long since I've blogged regularly. But I would like to challenge all my blog buddies to answer the questions I've come up with for it would be fun to read the responses.
Thanks for the tag and award Mimi. It was fun.